Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Pink, the R rated color


When I was a little girl I loved everything pink.  I begged and begged until I finally got a frilly pink Canopy bed for my birthday with a frilly pink bedcover and all.  On my first communion I wore a pale pink dress, instead of the traditional white one.  I loved the ¨Pink Elephants on Parade¨ even though that was what Dumbo dreamed of while he was intoxicated, but hey what did I know, they were pink.  I liked to brush Magic Fluttershy`s (My Little Pony) pink hair and dress Skipper in her pink bikini. 
Cuando yo era una niña me encantaba todo que tenia que ver con el color rosa.  Yo suplicaba y suplicaba hasta que por fin mis padres me regalaron una cama con baldaquín en rosa y encaje blanco y con la ropa de cama a juego.  Para mi primera comunión me vestí con un vestido rosa, en vez del tradicional blanco.   Podía pasar horas peinando el pelo rosa de Magic Fluttershy (My Little Pony), siempre vestía a Skipper Barbie con su bikini rosa y me gustaba tanto como olia ¨Tarta de Fresa¨.  

 But when I turned about 13 or 14 everything went BLACK and has stayed that way uptil adulthood.  Nowadays when I open my closet and see all my boring black clothes, I think ¨oh how depressing¨.  In fact last year I swore to myself that I would not buy anymore black clothes.  I thought of adding whites, cremes, beiges , red`s and browns to my wardrobe. 
Cuando cumplí 13 o 14 años mi mundo se volvió oscuro y cambió a negro y permaneció así hasta bien entrada en mi vida adulta.  Hoy en día cuando abro mi armario y veo toda esa ropa negra y aburrida, pienso ¨jo, que deprimente. De hecho el año pasado me hice una promesa de no comprar más ropa negra y pensaba en añadir a mi armario colores como blancos, cremas, beiges, marrones o incluso algún color atrevido como el rojo ( si ya lo se, que locura!). 

Now I will tell you this, the one color I hadn`t thought about (after many many many years, yes I could go on for awhile) was pink and nevertheless adding it to my wardrobe.  I assume this has something to do with my obsession in my earlier years and the association of the color ¨pink¨ with something infantile.
Ahora te puedo decir que uno de los colores que nunca volví a pensar en ello (después de muchos, muchos, muchos….podría seguir un buen rato) fue el color rosa y mucho menos pensar en añadirlo a mi armario.  Supongo que tiene algo que ver con la obsesión que tuve de niña y lo asociado que lo tengo con algo infantil.  


Lady Gaga in Fuchsia fur stole

But just like fashion trends return so do the colors that characterized them and with the 90`s revival in full swing pink is back and it is ¨HOT¨.  NO, I am not saying sexy (although it can be that too), I am talking HOT PINK, Fuchsia.  This years pink is rated R, it is bold, audacious and wilder than when I was a little girl.  So say goodbye ¨Hello Kitty¨ and say ¨HELLLLLOOOOO Pussycat¨, because that is how you will feel dressing this color.  
Pero igual que las tendencias de la moda vuelven también lo hacen los colores que la caracterizaban y con ¨La vuelta de los 90¨ el color rosa ha vuelto y ha vuelto muy fuerte.  Hablo del color Fucsia, un rosa muy fuerte, provocativo, llamativo, mucho mas apto para adultas que niñas.  Eso no es el ¨Hello Kitty¨ de tu hija o tú hermana pequeña pero mas bien un ¨HOOOOOLA Pantera¨ de una mujer y así te sentirás vistiendo este color. 

Lady Fur in Parka by Jo No Fui



The picture above is of a fellow blogger and designer, Samantha De Revizzis (a.k.a. Lady Fur) http://www.welovefur.com  
Pictured here she is very fashionable in a green Parka with a Fuschia fur lining by the Italian brand Jo No Fui
Also stay tuned to her new website for more Fur fashion, www.samanthadereviziis.com

La foto arriba es de la blogger y diseñadora, Samantha De Reviezzis (conocida como Lady Fur)  http://www.welovefur.com  
En la foto esta super estilosa en una parka verde con un forro de piel de zorro en Fucsia de la marca Italiana  Jo No Fui
Estar atenta a su nueva página para mas noticias sobre las tendencias en piel,  www.samanthadereviziis.com


Looking to make your own designs or just want to add a touch of glamour to your clothes?  Check out our website where you can by leather hides and fur to personalize or modernize your garments, www.leathertreasureshop.com  or www.leathertreasureshop.com/usa (shopping from USA)
 

1 comment: